News Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 2016
Opening and Closing of the Rio Olympics
Information, Summer Olympics 2016 opening and closing ceremonies, dates, places of competitions. Will be held in August 2016 in the city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), the XXXI Olympic Summer Games. The opening will be held on August 5. The closing ceremony will take place on 21 August. The motto of the games is “Live your passion”. Both ceremonies will take place at Maracana Stadium. The Maracana stadium has been completely renovated and modernized. Its current capacity is 82,000 spectators.
The opening and closing ceremonies will be seen on television by approximately 4.5 billion people worldwide (estimate). It is expected to participate in the Olympics in 2016, about 10,500 athletes from 206 nations…
News Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 2016
What are the modalities Olympic? In all it will be played 28 Olympic sports, two more (seven Rugby and Golf) than the 2012 Olympic Games.
What about mascots? The 2016 Olympics will feature two animated mascots. Representing the fauna and flora, they are: Vinicius (representing the animals of Brazil) and Tom (represents the plants of Brazil). The names are just tributes to two great composers of Brazilian popular music: Vinicius de Moraes and Tom Jobim. Competition venues: The tests will take place in 32 venues in four regions (zones) of the city of Rio de Janeiro:
Zone Bar – Olympic Training Center: basketball, handball, judo, wrestling and taekwondo. Olympic Hockey Centre: field hockey; Olympic Center Tennis: Tennis; Olympic Velodrome Rio: track cycling; Aquatic Center Maria Lenk: water polo and diving; Olympic Stadium Water sports: synchronized swimming and swimming; Olympic Arena in Rio: artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics and trampoline; Riocentro: badminton, weightlifting and table tennis and boxing. Condo Book One: Golf
Deodoro zone: National Equestrian Center: horse riding; National Shooting Center: shooting sports; Modern Pentathlon Park: Modern pentathlon; Arena Deodoro: fencing; Radical Park: BMX, slalom canoeing and mountain biking.
Maracanã Zone: Maracana Stadium: opening and closing ceremonies and finals of football. João Havelange Olympic Stadium: athletics competitions. Copacabana Beach: the headquarters of marathon swimming, beach volleyball and triathlon. Gym Maracanãzinho: volleyball. Sambadrome Marquês de Sapucaí: archery and the marathon finish. Stadium São Januário: rugby seven.
Copacabana area: Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas: speed boating and rowing. Copacabana Beach: aquatic marathon, beach volleyball and triathlon. Marina da Glória: Sailing. Flamengo Park: road cycling and race walking.
See more Important Information of Rio Olympics:
- In 2020, the Olympics will take place in the city of Tokyo (Japan’s capital).
- Access more information about the January 2016 Rio Olympics on the official website of the event: 2016.
- The Olympic torch was accessed on 21 April 2016 in the city of Olympia (Greece). The Olympic cauldron will be accessed on August 5, 2016, at Maracana Stadium (Rio de Janeiro). The Olympic torch will arrive in Brazil on May 3. In our country, it will be conducted for 12 thousand people, through more than three hundred cities.
- At the Olympic Games in Rio 2016, will make the news coverage about six thousand professional press and twenty thousand television.
- Will be played 306 tests with medals. Will be 161 male events, 136 women and 9 mixed.
- Before the start of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, will be carried out 39 test events. These aims to identify possible gaps or opportunities for improvement.
- Another number that impresses in this event is the number of tickets made available: 7.5 million.